Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Carly, Sally & Ben (It Was So Easy)

Sally and Ben Taylor



"IT WAS SO EASY"
Carly’s two children, Sally, 31, and Ben, 28, sing backup vocals on their dad, James Taylor’s, song. Both have followed in the footsteps of the parents who were dubbed “The Royal Couple of Rock” when they appeared together on the cover of Rolling Stone after their marriage in 1972. Ben is a full-time singer/songwriter, now a healthy grown son after an operation removed one of his kidneys at age 3. This was one of Carly’s darkest hours. “I was not calm,” she remembers. “And right after Ben had his operation, I went on tour — and collapsed. I was very thrown by it all.”

2 comments:

CSFan said...

Great Video!

Anonymous said...

I have Loved Carly Simon forever. Her beautiful voice is a daily must. How true these words are, "It Was So Easy Then" way back when I first heard this song in the 70's. What a treat it is to see her sing it with Ben and Sally. I was blessed to see Carly sing this song in New York. Ben and Sally were also with her. Such talented children.